Who am I?
Yes, ahem. That’s me.
My name is Jesús Alfonso Sánchez, I’m a professional illustrator and graphic designer, I come from the scorching and beautiful lands of northern México but I currently live in the mediterranean and beautiful lands of western Portugal. Born 20-something years ago, I decided from a young age that I would become something related to the visual arts. Until I discovered how much I love traveling and now my final goal in life is to try to combine these two passions.
I will say that my best asset is that I can work on different styles, which allows me to delve into different kinds of media, like videogames, publishing and branding; and to never do the same thing over and over, because who likes that, right? …right?
Apart from drawing, painting and traveling, I enjoy cooking, eating and drinking, and all forms of pop culture and entertainment, mainly movies, series, cartoons, videogames and comics.
Achievements and Awards
- Sueños en el Viento by Colectivo Ouroboros (Mexico City – July 2014)
Illustration exhibition inspired by Studio Ghibli
- Ilustra Mar by ETIC (Lisbon – July 2014)
Top 20 Illustration exhibition
- Mexótico (Mexico City – September 2012)
- Íconos Sonorenses (Hermosillo – March 2012)
Black and white Sticker exhibition
- Concursos Estatales de Artes Plásticas y Visuales del Estado de Tabasco by FONCA (Villahermosa – November 2011)
Juror on Painting, Drawing and Engraving
- XXV Concurso de Comic de Villa de Portugalete (Portugalete – April 2011)
Comic contest and exhibiton
- ESDIP (Madrid – 2009 and 2010)
- Indigente e-magazine (Mexico – October 2009)
Interview and work exposé
- CONACULTA (Mexico – September 2008, 2009, 2010)
Three times scholarship winner
- A la muerte con una sonrisa by MUMEDI (Mexico City – 2007)
Top 40 Poster exhibition